Living Smart with Energy
Get smarter with energy in your home by measuring your electricity use and choose more efficient products. By making small changes in your home as to how you use energy, you can cut the amount of electricity used and reduce costs.
Take the challenge to reduce energy in your home. Do this by progressing through the module and see what savings you can find.
Easy actions you can take:
- Switching off unused lights and appliances
- Choosing energy efficient products
- Purchasing Greenpower
- Installing solar panels
What are you waiting for? Start now and work your way through the Energy Activity Centre and become a Living Smart with Energy household.
Find out how much greenhouse gas emissions and money this adds up to with this
Easy Energy Converter.
challenges, tools and games.
Useful Tips and Facts
- Adjusting the thermostat up or down by 1-2 degrees C can save up to $29/year
- Switching to energy efficient light globes can save up to $50/year per light bulb
- Turning off the second fridge when not required can save up to $250/year
- Avoid using a clothes dryer to dry your clothes.
- Boil your kettle using only the amount of water you need
- Only run one fridge.
- Reduce the number of hot showers to one a day.
- Turn off appliances at the wall.