Living Smart with Energy
It is easy to reduce the amount of electricity you use in your home and switch to renewable energy sources. By measuring what you currently use and choosing more efficient products and behaviours, you are guaranteed to save money and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Easy actions you can take:
- Switch off unused lights and appliances
- Choose energy efficient products
- Purchase and produce Greenpower
The Queensland Government has set a target to reduce carbon pollution from car and electricity use from nearly 14 tonnes in 2006/07 to 9.18 tonnes per household by 2020.
Take advantage of rebates and local solutions, support alternative energy providers, reduce electricity bills and work towards getting your home off the grid. Start today and switch to clean green options in your energy space.
Work your way through the Energy Activity Centre to establish how much energy you are using and how to reduce your usage and become a Living Smart with Energy household.
Find out how much greenhouse gas emissions and money this adds up to with this
Easy Energy Converter.
challenges, tools and games.
Useful Tips and Facts
- Avoid using a clothes dryer to dry your clothes.
- Boil your kettle using only the amount of water you need
- Only run one fridge.
- Reduce the number of hot showers to one a day.
- Turn off appliances at the wall.