Guidelines & TERMS
- Entry into the Glossies Awards is free.
- Nominations are called for in eight categories: 1. The Golden Glossy—Excellence in sustainable design and construction (up to three awards in total)
a) For a resident/owner
b) For a professional with construction costs under $350K
c) For a professional with construction costs over $350K
2. Resource Saver (two awards—residential and professional)
3. Edible Landscape (two awards—a resident and professional/organisation if merited)
4. Sustainable Transport (two award—a resident or an organisation if merited)
5. Solutions (one award—professional or organisation)
6. EnviroBusiness (one award—professional)
7. Greening the Arts (one award – professional or organisation)
8. Affordable Living Award (one award – professional or organisation)
- You may nominate for more than one award category. You will need to address separate criteria for each category entered.
- The Sunshine Coast Regional Glossies Awards are only open to Sunshine Coast Regional Council residents, ratepayers and/or organisations.
- Nominations from neighbours, friends, builders, architects, landscapers etc are eligible, but must have consent from the owner.
- Nominations for the Golden Glossy—Excellence in Sustainable Design and Resource Saver Awards must have been constructed within the past two years and cannot have received a prior Glossies Award. Ideas and concept drawings are not eligible.
- Nominations for the Edible Landscape and Sustainable Transport Awards must have been implemented in the past five years. Prior Noosa Glossies Awards winners are eligible to apply.
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council retains the right to exclude your entry under certain circumstances, such as: (a) you are ineligible to enter the specified category; (b) your entry was received after the closing date for awards entries; or (c) your business has been charged and found guilty of illegal activities.
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council retains the right to contact nominees or finalists after the awards close and prior to the announcement for liaison purposes only.
- Sponsors and employees of sponsors are not eligible to enter in a category where the Sunshine Coast Regional Council and/or judges deem there to be a conflict of interest.
- Submissions received after the nomination closing date of 5pm, 24 May 2013 will be considered ineligible for the Glossies Awards.
- Information submitted may be used in promotion and publicity associated with the awards.
- All decisions and recommendations of the judging panels are binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All costs associated with the preparation of submissions and any associated costs for attendance at the awards ceremony will be the responsibility of the nominated individual or organisation.
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council have the right not to make an award in a category if the independent judges determine that the standard of submissions in a category is not sufficiently high to reach a suitable benchmark.
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council reserves the right to use all non-pecuniary information contained in your submission to promote the awards.
- The Awards recipient can only promote their Award win for a period of two years.
- All Glossies Award trophies and certificates remain the property of the Sunshine Coast Regional Council. If any Award recipient is found guilty of criminal behaviour, then that person or business must return the Glossies Award trophy or certificate to the Sunshine Coast Regional Council. In this event, the winner or finalist agrees to cease using the Glossies Awards seal or any words to the effect of their awards achievement in any promotional literature, marketing collateral or promotional media.