Sustainable Building and Design Award
Who should enter:This Award is open to both new and retrofitted building projects completed since 2009.
- Describe how the building and landscape have been designed to maximise passive temperature, lighting and ventilation control.
- Describe how energy efficiency appliances and/or renewable energy technologies (solar power, solar hot water) have been incorporated.
- How does the building incorporate water efficiency in its catchment, use, reuse and disposal?
- How does the building display a sensitive and resourceful use of materials that are non-toxic, low in embodied energy, recycled or sourced locally where possible?
- Describe how the building's design is able to cater for different occupants throughout the building lifecycle (children, elderly, special needs).
- How has the building envelope conserved as much native vegetation as possible (where appropriate)?
- How has the building design incorporated edible landscapes/food production?
- How has the landscaping included native plants to support local biodiversity?
- What was the approximate budget of your project? (This information will not be published or scored, and is simply to assist the judges put your project scale in context.)
Please click on the link below to download the nomination template for this award. Once you have filled in the template. Please click on the Nominate button below where you will fill in your contact details and upload the template.
Ensure you include and appendixes and images within the nomination template and save the document.
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A WORD LIMIT OF 200 WORDS PER CRITERIA QUESTION